Thursday, September 18, 2008

Dreams

Someone told me to dream
to dream free, big and bold!
then why am I scared?
of the possibilities that behold!

I was there though, happy
Looking ahead at the reverie
Or instead, was it the fancy
laughing back at me?

Thousand dreams there are
Which to choose? Which to destroy?
What if I fail? What if I blunder?
Hundred questions at such I flounder!

Time presses for an answer
Look around me, mine always say
Immersed minds, confident and positive
Swimming towards goals, without any delay

Made that way they are, probably
I hypothesize rather wildly
Cocooned from world I am, may be
Confused and random, thought seems hazy

Do others know what goes inside?
Reflecting the light like the moon
Like the Jester in pain
I laugh and behave more of the same

Hope hasn't deserted me yet
Some rays of glory fall on me
Is it the Dawn? The beginning of a new day?
I don't want to know, ignorant
I try to dream. And ask myself - which is the way?

2 comments:

Kaushik said...

What a surprise to see a poem! Nice one..

Xiaoyue said...

nice poem